Canon has established itself as one of the top brands recognized globally for its quality camera technology. In terms of popular models from Canon’s line-up, Canon fans vouch for both the Canon 80d and the Canon 90d. Those looking to enhance their photography skills and enter into the next level of expertise will benefit from using either one of these cameras which offer outstanding options in the enthusiast-level category. In order to help you make an informed decision we will be comparing the Canon 80D and Canon 90D across various aspects in this article.
Key Specifications Of Canon 80D And Canon 90D
1. Firstly let’s evaluate the primary features of both cameras:
Autofocus Points: 45
ISO Range: 100-16000
Continuous Shooting Speed: 7 frames per second
Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC
Autofocus Points: 45
ISO Range: 100-25600
Continuous Shooting Speed: 10 frames per second
Video Resolution: 4K UHD
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
• Both the Canon 80D and Canon 90D have been made with durability in focus so they are capable of withstanding diverse photographic situations. Additionally, with its pleasingly comfortable grip and smartly positioned control buttons, setting adjustments are made so very easy. If you’re a photographer considering both cameras know that the size and weight of each are different with the 90D being slightly bigger and heavier
• Both models are equipped with an APS-C CMOS Sensor that provides high-quality images and videos but when comparing the two models one can notice that canon90d comes with better performance which is possible because it has been equipped with improved technology alongside an impressive resolution of around 32.5 megapixel. Those looking for more detail and precision in their photographs should invest in the powerful 90D with its exceptional resolution
• Accurate autofocusing during photography or videography is made easy with the fast and reliable Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system on these two Canon camera options and their ability to track subjects is outstanding thanks to their forty-five-point autofocus system found on both the Canon EOS D80 and EOS D90.
• A wider range of ISO allows the camera to perform better in low light. The difference between these two cameras lies within their respective ISO ranges with the Canon EOS Rebel T7 having a maximum limit of only increasing exposure by thirty-two thousand. Using a noise-free approach to capture photos in dim light conditions is what the 90D camera excels at.
2. Continuous Shooting Speed
A high continuous shooting rate on your camera helps you get sharp images when capturing rapid-action moments like sports. If you’re looking for fast continuous shooting speeds in your camera gear collection, don’t miss out on both the amazing options that are available: The Canon 80d with a fabulous 7 frames per second rate and the Canon 90d with an impressive 10 frames per second. With quick shooting capabilities and advanced features the 90D outperforms other cameras as the preferred device for photographers.
3. Video Recording Capabilities
Canon’s offerings of the 80D and 90 D can effectively meet the needs of enthusiastic videographers. Although both cameras offer excellent video capabilities allowing you full control of frame rates and resolutions, the upgraded model -90D offers some extra enhancements like Dual Pixel CMOS AF system which makes it an even better choice for videographers. Additionally, on account of the fact that the 90D allows for uncropped videos in 4k resolution, you can have a lot more freedom with regards to shot composition.
4. Connectivity And Additional Features
You can use your smartphone or tablet to easily control either of the two cameras thanks to their built-in Wi-Fi. Canon 90D takes it up a notch by providing Bluetooth connectivity which guarantees seamless compatibility with other devices. Additionally, the 90D boasts of a built-in intervalometer making it convenient to take photos for time-lapses.
5. Longer Battery Life
Especially when one has limited opportunity to charge their devices during photography sessions like photographers on outdoor trips or events with no electricity supply, the LP-E6N battery is utilized by both the Canon 80D and the Canon 90D. Compared with that of the 80 D model ,the one in the model of the 90 D had greater efficiency which resulted in longer battery life.
6. Price And Value For Money
The cost of cameras is usually what makes or breaks it for most photographers when making their decision. Compared to its successor -the Canan D90-, The canon D80 is often found sold at a reduced rate. However, the 90D has quite a few improvements and upgraded features that make it worth its cost especially if you have some flexibility in your budget.
Pros And Cons Of Canon 80D
• Excellent image quality
• Reliable autofocus system
• Comfortable handling and intuitive controls
• Good low-light performance
• Affordable price (compared to newer models)
• Limited video recording capabilities (Full HD only)
• Slower continuous shooting speed compared to newer models
• Older image sensor technology
Pros And Cons Of Canon 90D
• High-resolution image sensor
• Impressive continuous shooting speed
• 4K UHD video recording with no crop
• Extended ISO range for better low-light performance
• Improved battery life
• Higher price compared to older models
• Slightly larger and heavier body
Finally — but not least importantly — we can conclude that the Canon 80D & the CanonEos R5 Camera’s meet different requirements. Opting for the Canon 90D is your best bet if you prioritize features such as high-quality resolution imagery coupled with speedy constant photo capture and full range flexibility of advanced 4K video. Although it might lack some sophisticated functions due to your financial boundaries; still producing satisfactory results in terms of image quality along with reliable performance are among major attributes of Canon 80D.
Q1 : Can I share my lenses between my Canon 80D and my Canon 90D?
Ans: Both cameras are capable of taking incredible photos thanks to the use of Canon’s extensive line up of compatible lenses.
Q2 : Does the Canon 80D have image stabilization?
Ans: The absence of in-body image stabilization on the Canon 80D can be compensated through few lenses which come with built-in Stabilizers.
Q3 : What is the slow-motion video shooting capability of the Canon 90D?
Ans: That’s right! Capture slow-motion videos at lower resolutions using the Canon 90D.
Q4 : Which camera is better for portrait photography?
Ans: Both cameras can capture fantastic portrait shots. However, to make a decision between them you’ll need to consider both cost and what’s most important to you.
Q5 : How would moving up to a canon 90d affect my photography experience compared to using an canon eos r?
Ans: Investing in an upgrade to the Canon 90D could prove to be worthwhile if its advanced capabilities meet your needs.